Cyber Swachhta Kendra
Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre
Cyber Swachhta Kendra
“Do not use computers to harm others”
“Cyber Swachhta Kendra, CERT-In is celebrating “Special Cyber Swachhta Campaign 2.0” during 02 to 31 October 2022.” The “ Cyber Swachhta Kendra ” (Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre) is a part of the Government of India’s Digital India initiative under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to create a secure cyber space by detecting botnet infections in India and to notify, enable cleaning and securing systems of end users so as to prevent further infections. The “ Cyber Swachhta Kendra ” (Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre) is set up in accordance with the objectives of the “National Cyber Security Policy”, which envisages creating a secure cyber eco system in the country. This centre operates in close coordination and collaboration with Internet Service Providers and Product/Antivirus companies. This website provides information and tools to users to secure their systems/devices. This centre is being operated by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under provisions of Section 70B of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- “Install genuine and updated software to strengthen your online safety and security”
- Don’t be Quick to Click, think before clicking on links received via email, social media etc.
- Awareness is the key to the security
- Stop Neglecting security warnings. Protect before you connect.
- Passwords are key to your personal information, make habit of using strong passwords and change them regularly.
- Sec-UR-rity – You are at the center.
- Maintain regular backups of your important file to avoid data loss caused by ransomware.
- Disable AutoPlay to prevent the automatic launching of executable files on network and removable drives.
Why have I Reached this page?
You have reached this page because your computer / system / device is probably infected with malware called ‘Bot’ and could become a part of a botnet. If your computer / system / device is part of a botnet, the following could happen:
- Information on your computer / system / device could be stolen
- Your computer / system / device may be used to send out spam
- Your computer / system / device could be used for launching attacks on other computer / system / device
What should I do?
To remove the malware, you need to scan your computer / system / device with the tools recommend below and take steps to improve the security of your computer / system / device.
We encourage you to visit the website of Antivirus Companies who are providing Free Bot Removal Tools for this initiative.
For downloading Free Bot Removal Tools and other necessary tools / software, please visit Security Tools section.
Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India,
Electronics Niketan, 6 CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003
Disclaimer :- The information provided herein is on “as is” basis, without warranty of any kind.
Free Bot Removal Tool – For Microsoft Windows
You may use any of the following Bot Removal Tool for your digital device.
Note: To identify, the architecture of your computer system whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit, right click on “My computer”/ “This PC” -> Properties-> Check your system architecture
Free Bot Removal Tool – For Android
Other Relevant tools:
1. USB Pratirodh
This tool is a desktop security solution, which controls the usage of removable storage media like pen drives, external hard drives, cell phones, and other supported USB mass storage devices.
USB Pratirodh – (End point USB mass storage device control solution)
This tool AppSamvid is a desktop based Application Whitelisting solution for Windows operating system. It allows only preapproved set of executable files for execution.
AppSamvid – an application whitelisting software
3. Browser JSGuard
- For Firefox Web Browser:
- For Google Chrome Web Browser: